Last semester, I was given an assignment in my play script analysis class. We were to analyze an entire play, and write a five page essay on it, with our notes involved. The part of this assignment that I remember the most is the amount of the assignment that I could handle. Many people were struggling, and did it slowly, few hours at a time. I was able to do marathon sessions, which I had never done before. I had 3 sessions of 6 hour increments where I just wrote. Afterwards, I always felt energized, and wanted to go out and do things and have fun, while my Theatre Education counterparts were exhausted, and took a nap before coming with me to celebrate.
The writing parts came so easy to me, and the analysis was even more fun. I used to think that it was because this was theatre, but as I looked at the reactions from my peers, I started to think that maybe it was just me, and what I enjoy doing. My mind started to shift at this time, from thinking about theatre and directing, to maybe writing plays, and having fun with those.

No comments:
Post a Comment