Reading 2

Later on in my school career, I was assigned a few readings in my literacy class that stuck to me. The first one of these was Fahrenheit 451, a book about a dystopian (Messed up Utopian) future. This one specifically was about books. It was a perfect world where all books were prohibited. Firefighters actually were the ones that went around burning them. This book had so much depth and meaning. It really spoke to me in a number of ways, and inspired me.

One of the things that spoke to me was the idea that without books, the people were left with boring entertainment to turn to. Without writing the world was lame, and too simple. I related this directly to my struggles with writing. It was something that I always enjoyed but never came easy to me. I drew inspiration from the bland world that Ray Bradbury created. I think sometimes the struggle is worth it. Without challenges, and without writing, our world is colorless.

No comments:

Post a Comment