Reading 3

I started a list of "books to read" shortly after graduation. I felt like I wasn't reading enough and so I decided to make that list. One of the first few books on the list was something that I had already read, but wanted to reread, and that was "Uncle Tom's Cabin" which was a book about a black slave in the american south.

This book was perfectly intense, and it was extremely hard to read. I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to get through the difficult text.

Another book that I had gotten from the library was a collection of multiple books called "The Complete Works of Shakespeare". This of course had everything Shakespeare had ever written and was about 2000 pages long. My favorite thing to do was to go through his sonnets and try to understand what he meant. Still my favorite love poem is Sonnet number 138 (which mainly speaks about how one can lie without realizing it, especially when it comes to love). This goes back to my enjoyment of the challenge when it comes to reading. I realize that I'd rather spend a lot of time and energy on something that pushes me to my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment