Writing 1

Another thing that I distinctly remember was all of the poems and stories that I had written about a cat that I had when I was younger. Monster was a bit of an oddball, and we always found him getting into all sorts of odd predicaments. One of the things that I had written about him was an ever-evolving poem about how we had gotten him. I stopped rewriting it when I was in 7th grade, but I remember exactly what had happened from that day.

This is because that day I had written down as much as I could. Later on I was able to go back and look at it, and see details that my memory had erased. I kept rewriting this because this was the first time I had journaled about a semi-significant event in my life. My memory isn't perfect, but writing doesn't exactly go away that fast. Days that don't mean anything to me nowadays I can look back upon, and remember that life used to feel harder in different ways, and appreciate that I am happier nowadays.

If you'd like to hear more about monster, here's a google doc where I spilled as many "two sentence" stories about him as I could think of: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FYkoRcRkIg9IACdEz_QtB_6Ydu5t8iDuH9l5czOmlWs/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment